Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Third Mate

short but nice cruise

Sail Date: October 04, 2014

starting with the embarkation process. That went very smooth. Less then 30 minutes we were on the ship. Finding our cabin was easy. People on board to help. Relied on my own experience as well. New how sips were laid out.  Cabin steward also present to help. Cabin was nice, deck 5 mid ship, outside.

Bed very comfortable. Steward very helpful.  Food ship average. Good selection. Dinning rooms, food was average. Sometimes service cold have been better. Slow to refill drinks. Bring out food. To much time between courses. No fun or very little interaction between waiter staff and people dinning. We we're served our meal but, didn't feel special. Different waiter staff everynight. On board entertainment was average. On two the seven shows I saw on a pervious cruise, same show, same entertainers, same material. The show "elements" had the same material, with different entertainers.I feel asleep during the show. The ports of call were good, better then expected. Except for Olympia. very average, not a lot to see. Big pile of rocks. Overall the ship was clean,but in need of repair. Seats in theather were broke.

Shore excursions were pricey. Corfu is the only excursion I would recommend. All of the others can be done on your own, or for a better price. Many other options are available on shore or on your own.Recommend looking before you buy, ship won't tell you everything. Ask staff sometimes they will tell you.Overall I think the cruise was over priced. Ask about the tipping process. The so call tips are not spread as one might assume. I spoke to our cabin steward he told me that he ws not paid any tips from the $24.00 paid daily. I don't know if that was true or not,but I made an adjustment. I paid him myself. I completed a form requesting the money not be taken automatically. I don't know if the waiter staff receive any of the money paid as tips.  Be careful when ordering a drink. You are charged a 15 percent tip on top of the price of the drink,each and every time you buy a drink. I ordered a beer at a lunch counter. Picked up.myself and took it to my table. The waiter,just opened the bottle and gave it to me.,almost $1.00 tip, for a $5.00 beer. Bring your own on board it's less expensive.Don't forget your water, $25.00 for 6 large bottles of water, purchased on shore for around 3 to $4.00 dollars.  Over we had a good time. We are experienced cruisers. Cruising in Europe is very different from the U.S. Food is different,prices are higher and service is reflected by he staff.

Some improvement needed
Some areas better then others.
Ok need more variety