Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Not the NCL I expected!

Sail Date: October 04, 2014

Room Type: Suite

I have been on at least 5 NCL curises, the last a wonderful cruise in the Baltic.  This cruise ship, food, preparation, service was NOT up to par with the other NCL cruises I have taken.  I hope this is just a fluke and not a sign of the coming future with NCL!  Equipment was broken, service was not good, attitudes were bad, food in main dining rooms were a BIG disappointment, entertainment was so-so, even a couple of the tours were poorly handled!   A LARGE number of customers were expressing the same thoughts and are questioning NCL for future cruises.  We will give them one more try but everything will hinge on that.

The food in main dining was a BIG disappointment. Who goes for a Greek cruise to be served main courses like Yankee Pot roast or Baked Turkey and Mashed potatoes. I can make that any day at home. There was a lot of repetition and very poor selections.
I am usually a pretty patient person but when I have to wait (once seated) for an hour and a half just to get my main course and a glass of ice tea that is ridiculous. Also when I asked for decaf coffee the girl actually rolled her eyes at me like REALLY you need coffee?!? I didn't say anything but this was pretty much the attitude of a lot of the crew. That said, there were those in the cafe that were outstanding, friendly, sweet and kind. I know the main dining room can be busy but I did notice they have cut way back on staff and it is trickling down to the serving staff and ultimately the customer.
We had seen a number of the shows on other ships so were not overly impressed.
While our tour to Olympia (Best of Olympia) was OUTSTANDING!!! Our tour to Corfu almost ended in disaster as a storm made getting back to ship very hazardous. The process could have been better handled and a lady was almost either badly hurt or could have died! The tour to Delos (Mykinos) was good! The tour to Santorini was just so-so. The wine tasting a Joke and the rest not really interesting. Guide was not that interesting.
Venice, Italy
Corfu, Greece
Rained so much and the food on our tour was terrible. Return to ship horrific so this tour was a total bust. That said, other than the restaurant and departure, it would be unfair to judge Corfu.
Santorini, Greece
Winery was a joke. Nothing but a big crowd of people being left to their own to hopefully buy wine. No demos, explanations...nothing but a couple tiny glasses of not very good wine, a salty olive, dry bread and chunk of cheese on a toothpick. They just want you to stop there to buy stuff and lengthen the tour. The rest of Santorini was just so-so to us. Partially because the tour guide was not very interesting.
Mykonos, Greece
Went to Delos. Learned a lot, enjoyed it.
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
Our guide was OUTSTANDING! She had been an archaeologist for years! Our winery tour and tapas were outstanding and so was the winery. Their tour, their food, their wine made the trip! I am so glad we ended with this tour as the others were not that good!