Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise summary

Sail Date: October 02, 2016

Reviewed: 11 days ago

I thought the food was excellent and the portions were exceptional.  As far as things that I think need improvement, number 1 we had a lot of problems with the television sets on the ship and on the main menu when we were notified we had a message most times you couldn't get to the message.  Also every time I tried to access my list of charges on my account, when I could get my name to show up all I could see was the total.  I never did get into the itemized listing of charges.  Number 2, there were a lot of problems with the toilets flushing.  Sometimes after you left the stall the toilet would flush and other times it never did flush.  Third on the Geteway when the ship is in port there are limited locations where a person can stand and have a good view of the whole dock, (Deck 7).  On our cruise Deck 7 on the starboard side of the ship was completely closed off for maintenance at at least 2 stops and the ship docked on the starboard side so no one could stand on Deck 7 and observe people leaving and returning to the ship.  A suggestion for the future would be to dock on the opposite side of the ship when maintenance like this is happening.  Fourth:  Was disappointed that we would go to the complimentary dinning rooms (Taste & Savor) and if you wanted steak and lobster you had to pay for it.  First time I've ever seen where you had to pay for stead & lobster in a complimentary dinning facility.  One last suggestion would be a small area where a person could get coffee/tea/hot chocolate and some pastry's early in the morning.  Have experienced this on other cruise ships and was great just to stop there very early in the morning and get a cup of coffee.

Very well maintained and we had an excellent cabin steward.

Both the Taste and Savor were excellent dinning options except for the charge for 2 or 3 items. Didn't understand that in a complimentary dinning room.