Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Things changed

Sail Date: September 04, 2016

Room Type: Suite

I have been on several cruises with different cruise lines so I thought I was a seasoned cruiser.Not so. It started with entering our mini suite.The room was pitch black but where are the light switches?? Ohhh... You have to insert your room key into the master control switch to work the lights. Who knew??? I found out by calling cust service desk. Day 2 I found out the AC automatically shuts off is you don't lock the sliding door to private balcony.ok,minor glitches out of the way.I have always enjoyed having room service bring coffee,fruit and danish in the morning so I can wake up at my leisure&enjoy the beautiful sun&view from my balcony. Now there is an additional charge plus gratuity.Its not much but it's also not the only "extra" charges.Once again it's a battle to find a lounge chair ANYWHERE near the pools or hot tubs.People "reserve" them well in advance of the pools opening by placing towels&personal belongings on them.Not that I'll get the opportunity to enjoy either amenity as there's no room. 15 ppl at a time in the hot tubs, some of them children in diapers(ewww) and adults (?) bringing plates of food to enjoy for the HOURS they spend in them.By the way, they did have an exclusive area where they had those round,cushioned loungers(mmmm),pool&hot tub for adults only. I found out on day 4 that if I paid an additional fee I could have used that area. Now, THAT I would have grudgingly paid extra for.So, instead I trudged 3 flights above the pool where we finally found empty loungers& every once in a while we would climb back down to cool off in the shower by the pool... Would have been nice to have at least that 3 floors up.Nightly entertainment has changed as well. Not everything is included. Again,not terribly expensive for these shows but the nickles and dimes sure add up!! They did offer movies on their huge outdoor screen& how cool is it to relax&watch a good movie under the stars with a cocktail? Unfortunately they only show kids movies! I don't want to sound like I'm whining because my husband&i really did enjoy ourselves...there is still plenty to do that is included its just that things have really changed since my last cruise 3 years ago&i had to change with it so it caught me off guard.. Next time I will be more prepared!! And I'll be prepared to spend more&more&more....

They should leave instructions on how to operate lights,tv&ac.. Also, I didn't appreciate the cabin steward letting herself in to our cabin because we didn't answer her knock on the door..we were on the balcony&edge scared us with her uninvited presence. Also,I always looked forward to the sweet smelling samples we used to receive..this is the 1st time I didn't pack hair conditioner,soap,shampoo ect... The "generic" liquid supplied by the ship is a big disappointment!!

1 Comment