Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Ship and Fun destinations

Sail Date: June 19, 2016

This is our 4 cruise and have been on NCL/Carnival and Royal Carribbean. This is the nicest ship to date. It is Only two yrs old and in great shape. Getting on board was quick and easy and our luggage arrive on time. Our interior rooms were a bit small at first but since we did not spend much time there wasn't  an issue. This ship had lots of this to do for kids and adults. My teenagers love the basketball and soccer courts and spent most of their time there. This ship was so large that there wasn't an issue finding chairs on seas days to lounge on. Adult only pool was nice and the kids have their own water park. Instead of having 1 main dining room they had separate restaurants. Even thou the menu  were similar it made it feel like you were trying something new every night. Entertainment was very good but I wish there were more shows, TIP when you get on board find a Touch screen located on every floor and book your shows and restaurants times other wise you will be in a waiting line to get in. Ports were nice, some nice than others. To me everything seem expensive on the shore excursions, but the trade off is that the kids all agree it was the best vacation ever. Zipline was fun/cave tubing excellent/Maya beach break is great/Ruins excursion ok.  THE only negative is that the Casino located in the middle of the atrium, cigarette smoke filled the decks above and below near it. It bothered me so I spent little time near those areas. A poor design to say the least. NCL lives up to its name as freestyle as most cruisers went to dinner way to casual for me tee shirts flip flops/hats. Other than that is was a great vacation!

we carried our luggage out our selves and it was quick and easy, no waiting
Casino smoke in the open middle area a poor design.
Burn the Floor was great, I just wished they had more shows for a 7 day cruise

All the dining rooms were nice, the Tropicana was the best with entertainment. Ask for a table near the dance floor.

1 Comment