Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

smoking

Sail Date: August 29, 2015

Thought ship was a non smoking or at least in the casino. Travel agent did not elaborate. Have been on Celebrity, Oceania, etc. where no smoking in casinos .

Due to allowing smoking in the casino of the NCL Getaway, the smokey and stale smells permiated from the 7th fl. down to the 6th and up to the 8th. Surprised that there was not better ventalation and/or at least spray for the smokey odor. In the mornings, you could still smell the smoke when one was on deck 6 waiting for guest services or the internet mgr. Due to the area being open all the way from the 6th fl to the 8th fl, the smoke and odors stay. When walking to the restaurants at the back of the ship, I had  to hold my breath as not to breathe in the smokey odors. P.S. I have problems with smoke and my chest closes up. Not a good experience for me.

Tight squeeze between bed and closet
Destinations and Excursions did not go on excursions. have been to destinations before. St. Thomas needs to have a beautification program
Children's Programs n/a
specialty restaurants had the best food. however, that is asking the cruise passenger to spend additional dollars.

Do try Taste and Savor. Small dining rooms good.