Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Awesome Ship!

Sail Date: August 29, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Enjoyed the Getaway Cruise.  Legally Blonde was fantastic.  I look forward to cruising next year!  We enjoyed the comedy shows with our under age daughter as well as when we returned for the comedy show for adults only.

Very clean ship and staterooms.
I was a bit disappointed due to the design of the ship the balcony did not allow the privacy that I expected and would have liked to have. Carnival’s ships have an additional lip at each of the petitions so if you are standing at the rail your neighbor on each side can’t see you at all. You would have to make great effort to see the other side of the petition. I was not able to enjoy my sun bathing in the nude or just hanging out on the balcony in my very small pjs in fear that one of the children next door would peek their heads over on my balcony. I had to rush off the balcony more than once due to one of the neighbors peeking over and I was not dressed properly.
Norwegian should look into providing more privacy for their passengers that pay a lot of money for a balcony. I am also paying to have privacy too.
I was very impressed with splash academy. The activities were well planned and executed even above my expectations. The decorations and the costumes of the staff was close to what a broad way play would be. My daughter turned 13 yrs old on the cruise ship and they allowed her to continue to go to the 10-12 yr olds which I thought was great since that’s where she meet friends and felt comfortable.
The food was delicious however we had an ultimate dining package (UDP). If we did not have this package the food selection would not have been a wide variety as I would have expected. It forces you to pick a package with a choice for a dining package, purchase a dining package, or you will be forced to pay high prices to dine at a particular restaurant then some dishes would also have to be purchased in addition to the fee of dining at the restaurant. And if you want seconds like most cruises offer that is an additional fee of $10 per additional plate. So, make sure you have a dining package of some sort prior to your cruise date. The best package was the Ultimate Dining Package which also provided a 50% discount on the Illusionarium for 2 people. This UDP covered only 2 passengers however if your child is under 12 yrs of age they can dine with you but MUST eat off of the kids menu then it was no additional charge.
We felt a little nickled and dimed.

You must get the Ultimate Dining Package prior to sailing.

1 Comment