Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

pool area was way too small!

Sail Date: August 01, 2015

while the ship was magnificent and the specialty restaurants were delightful, and the entire staff exceptionally courteous, and polite, the ship has a major drawback . . . the pool area.  First of all they have an "adults only pool" with a guard blowing a whistle, telling kids they were not allowed in the pool.  The "Main Pool was very tiny with a divided wall, so there was very little room for parents to enjoy the pool area with their children.  There was a splash pool for younger kids( 2 to 5 years olds).

It was very loud with the ship forcing nearly everyone with children who wanted to hang out to one small area.  the hot tub situation was even worse.  Only two hot tubs on the entire ship were for kids.  there was a beautiful section in the back of the pool where the evening dance parties were held( which were fantastic) that had two hot tubs and a cool water fall to relax in, but again it was 'adults only".. this was very disheartening, since I took this trip to spend time with my children, but it was difficult.  the water slides had long longs and again restrictions, which you are not made aware of.  if your kids are under 100 pounds9 My 12 year only weighed 95 pounds, he could not go on the two fastest slides. ( again, they had a scale to weigh kids.  the lines were super long and I did not go on a beautiful ship to wait in long lines as I would in any hometown water park.. what you have to remember is that this cruise had 2 1/2 days at sea before we even hit an island.  I did not want my kids to hang out playing video games, as we went on this cruise as a family.  for those reasons, I would not recommend this cruse for families.  If by change your children at 18 or older the cruise is perfect.  the shore excursions were absolutely wonderful--the best part of the cruse.  we swam with dolphins, snorkeled, and played in pools of 30 foot clear blue water.  I do however think that in 7 days with only 3 island stops, where everyone wants to be on board and up top by the pools, adjustments have to be made.  Every person I talked to had the same complaint about the pools.

Fantastic

Absolutely must eat at the Brazilian steak house . . . we went twice!