Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Best Family Vacation Yet!

Sail Date: August 01, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

From stepping our feet onboard to getting off the ship, this has been the most amazing vacation ever. This was our third cruise (second with Norwegian). We knew kind of what to expect as far as cruises go. But the Getaway is in a class of its own. We were never bored at all, always something to do (at times it was exhausting). My son loved the rope course and rock climbing wall & also the mini golf. But of course his favorite was the kids area pool, it is SpongeBob themed and has all the characters statues and such with water spraying from them. We also loved the water slides.

The food was great from the Garden buffet (a little repetitive) but that is OK because it was good taste. The Flamingo buffet was also great with my favorite plantains,,yummmmm!!!! The restaurants we went to are Taste which was not good, Savor was amazing and the service was excellent. The noodle bar we went to twice because it was soooo good! We also did the Brazilian steak house which was like eating in heaven. We never had to wait long to get seated and we never made reservations, that is what is awesome about freestyle dining.

Our only complaint as adults would be that the adults only pool was not big enough, felt crowded and I hardly went in. I stayed in the hot tubes in which there is 4 to choose from.

Our server at the pool bar Roberto was the best, he always greeted us with the best smile and attitude and kept the drinks flowing. The drinks are very strong, they do not water anything down at all.

We stay in a balcony room that fit 4 people, it was very crammed it seemed with all the luggage. But we made it work. The balcony was kind of small for my liking, just wish that was bigger but we had a great view from the 9th floor. Our room steward Winnie was the sweetest person ever. She made towel animals for my son every night ad sometimes even in the afternoon she would make him one with a treat. The rooms were always clean and stocked with plenty of towels.

Only went to the meet & greet with the characters
Rope course was my son's favorite. He went on it maybe 10x I swear. He loved it. All the fun things are excellent
Tortola should be removed, it was so devastating going there. Bahamas is beautiful but the people harassing you makes it impossible to enjoy a beach day in peace.
Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
beautiful beaches. take fairy to St. johns
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
don't bother getting off the ship for this.
just wish the locals did not hassle you so much, otherwise it would be an amazing place to relax on the beach

1 Comment