Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Really fun time for active 50 year old.

Sail Date: May 23, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed myself on this cruise.  I am not one to sit around and I certainly didn’t do this on the cruise. The ship was rather large, but it was not a problem for me as I love walking. I was worried about getting sea sick but incredibly there was only one day where I was a bit queasy. I did not have to take any meds and just chewed ginger gum the one day. More details below.

Cruise Photos

Food and Dining Enjoyed all the restaurants except the Shangai Noodle Bar where the food was kind of tasteless.
cabin steward was friendly and meticulous
Evening entertainment was very nice. I especially liked The Grammy Experience with Shannon McNally. did not enjoy was Illusionarium. Could not see the magic tricks as waiters and waitresses were continually parading in front of us
Onboard Activities Enjoyed the workout room and I liked the group fitness classes. Although the FlyWheel Cycle class was pricey.
Some of our excursions were lame. Drivers not knowledgeable of history.
Embarkation went fairly well. Disembarkation on final day took way too long.
Not bad for an inside cabin. We also had a balcony cabin that was great, but did not receive a survey request for that room.
Miami, Florida
If arriving a day early stay near airport for cheaper rooms.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The shopkeepers are annoying and draw you in constantly. Go to Jen's Island Cafe and Deli, it is great.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Go to the craft market.
Nassau, Bahamas Skip excursions and take a Taxi to Cabbage Beach. Just politely tell vendors "No thanks" and they leave you alone.

Try the Flamingo Bar & Grill. It was never very crowded and had great breakfast and lunch selections.

1 Comment