Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Best Cruise ever

Sail Date: May 16, 2015

The NCL Getaway was an amazing experience for my friends and I. The ship itself was a complete beauty, that had an activity for anyone of any age. With that being said, it is impossible to be bored on the ship unless you choose to be. The freestyle options really do the trick for us, we enjoy not having a set dinner time or location. I have to emphasize this point as it is truly amazing to not have a set time, because it gives you more flexibility when it comes to planning your day. Vacations are all about being relaxed and schedule free, and this is where NCL gets my vote. The pool deck and water slides were extremely fun! Maybe due to the time of the year, but there was only a 2 minute waiting line for slides all day. The rock climbing wall was fantastic, as they have a course for everyone (props to you if you can do the pink one). The ropes course was beyond amazing!! Being able to walk the plank 18 decks above the ocean is an awesome experience. The food was very good at the complimentary restaurants. The bars were always available with very professional staff. The casino has an abundance of slot machine and tables. Overall, I could go on and on about how amazing this ship was, but I would suggest you find out for yourselves. If you're looking for the ultimate vacation, look no further... the NCL Getaway will make it happen. The crew, the ship, the activities, the people, the food...just simply, "cruise like a Norwegian." Happy

Amazing, no other word to describe this beautiful vessel.
Beat my expectations. Good food.
Our room steward was very professional and extremely helpful, I would hope all the stewards were like Ryan.
Burn the floor was AMAZING.
Did not travel with children, however, they have the Nickelodian camp and the kids always seemed like they were having a blast.
An abundance of activities, as previously stated... if you get bored on this ship, its simply because you chose to.
The port of calls were fantastic, the water was crystal clear. Great snorkeling.
Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Stay away from the "sail and snorkel" excursions, they are a waste of money.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
The local beach was amazing, with many shops, bars, and restaurants.
Cabbage beach, but don't do jetskis, they are a complete ripoff.

Explore the ship and don't let the first day fool you. On the first day, it seemed very packed with barely any walking space, however, as the days progressed, all the guests found places to hangout on the ship and it became very spacious.