Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First time cruising

Sail Date: April 18, 2015

This was my first cruise, first vacation without my departed husband so it was bittersweet.  My grandson shared a room with me, inside room, which was fine. I wish I had a balcony room as I was alone much of the time and would have enjoyed sitting outside my room.  Food was fair, 5 or 6 specialty restaurants were $20-$40 more/person.  Pools were much too small and not enough lounge chairs for sea days - we wanted the shade and often chairs had towels on them all day and no people.  Needs to be monitored better.  Entertainment was fantastic, Grammy Experience with Sugar Blue was the best.  Comedians were funny and dueling pianos were great.  Band that played around, Cool Expressions I think, was also great.  Just seemed like there were too many people, but maybe that's just how it is.  Excursion we took was not as we were told, but they comped us after we complained.  Guest Services left a lot to be desired.  I had some on board credit that was not on my account.  I went to them 3 times with basically no answer.  I had a meltdown (missing my husband) and my daughter had to get loud before we were taken into an office and it was finally "taken care of".  Overall, it was a good experience.  Since I never cruised before, I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Not enough lounge chairs on sea days
Too many specialty restaurants for extra $
Never met or saw room steward. Wet towels on floor were folded and put back on shelf
Really enjoyed all the entertainment except Bingo
Bingo was bad, $39 for 3 games
I had an inside double room, upgraded from a studio when prices dropped drastically from what I paid
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
St. Maarten has become overcrowded and run down since I was there 20 years ago
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Port was very nice
Did not get off the ship, too hot and too far to walk

Savor, Taste and the Tropicana were great for dinner