Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

I was the Vacation of a Lifetime

Sail Date: September 27, 2014

From the second we arrived on board, it was clear that this was going to be Superior to any other vacation experiences I've had or even heard of.  The Getaway Staff went over and above my expectations. It's the most beautiful ship I'd ever seen, even on tv! My fiance and I were treated like royalty by all staff. The instant I set my fork down at meals, the plate was cleared. I never once, the entire week waited a moment for service...staff seemed to appear out of nowhere. I'm still in awe of the Service and Professionalism. The ship was immaculate and my cabin was cleaned and tidied throughout the day...and the bed was turned down each evening. I loved all of the special touches; the towel bunny on the bed mid cruise, the festive music as you arrive on board and return to the ship at Ports, the cold wash cloths after a hot day at the beach, and so many more...too many to mention.   The food was absolutely phenomenal, and I'm known as a respected "foodie" so I don't say that loosely. From the Buffet, which has changing menus and delectable dishes that would   a King, to the casual dining restaurants and Upscale dining Restaurants was more than the most respected food critic could ever hope for.  The activities onboard were incredibly entertaining and the Shows and Entertainment was spectacular. From the Broadway hit; Legally Blond, to the Hidden Talent Show and Comedy Show, the music and endless entertainment, it left me spellbound and yearning to see it again.  The amenities onboard were amazing; zip line, the awesome wildly fun slides, pools, Jacuzzis, and deck activities were more than I'd ever dreamed of. The immense size of the ship was baffling and brilliantly beautiful. Each square inch was constantly kept immaculate. The outstanding treatment of each passenger was obvious. That treatment created such a vibe between passengers that my fiance and I made many friends ..everyone was so very happy aboard this ship, it's no wonder the Getaway is called the Happy Ship! The Staff thought of every way to please a person, and I know from traveling on other Cruise lines that they far exceed all other Cruise Lines.

There was so much to do and see on such a large and beautiful ship, that there was no way we could do it all in one week. We were able to relax and enjoy lazy times on board and enjoy the beautiful Ports of call in St Maarten, St Thomas, and Nassau, which was also amazing.  We also noticed that this ship has so much to offer all age groups. One day we will bring the kids and know it will be a vacation of a lifetime for them as well.   I also must mention that the professional photographers onboard, who are scattered throughout this huge ship are there to capture your special moments. We've got the best portraits we've ever had to take into our forever.  And how could I not mention the shopping onboard? From fine art to quality clothing and Souvenirs; enough to satisfy all tastes!   Oh, and I haven't mentioned the parties! This SHIP KNOWS HOW TO PARTY! We experienced the Bon Voyage Party with Fireworks, the 80s Party, the Glow Party was amazing..all of it. We loved our trip with NCL Getaway so much that we are even more excited to go back several times than we were before our first Cruise. It was worth ten times what we paid! We now know that NCL is the only Cruise line we care to travel on. And we plan to take the very same Cruise on the very same ship; the Getaway, within a few months. And we will do it often. I've altered my Bucket List since my trip last month. We now intend to travel on every Cruise that NCL offers.  I better get packing!

Amazing and Breathtaking
Best Dining experiences of my life!
Treated us like Royalty
My dad played in the orchestra at Radio City Music Hall, and it still exceeded my expectations, which were very high to begin with
We will bring the children in the future and be worry free while the children have the time of their lives
so many that we will return many times to experience more!
So wonderful that we will return to the same Ports several more times!
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Enjoy the beaches here
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Pick an excursion here if you arent up to shopping, or do both
Take the open jeep ride into town. Eat the whole steamed Fish near the Straw Hat Market

Be prepared to be pampered and impressed.