Excellent Experience - Would highly recommend NCL!

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 04, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Getaway
Cabin Type: Suite

We had a wonderful time on NCL Getaway.  The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and always smiling.  We were welcomed everywhere we went.  There was one night when I had to stay in my cabin and my family went to eat dinner.  We had extended family with us and there were 8 for dinner.  The 8 members were happy to wait, but the hostess attempted to set them at a table for 6.  Obviously this was not going to work, so the family asked if they could wait for a bigger table.  The hostess's heart was in the right place, just a busy night.  Unfortunately, the service was very slow that particular night, as well as our last night on board.  The food was barely hot and the dessert, a chocolate strawberry volcano, was not hot and the middle was not runny.  We did fill out a survey for this night.  However, these were the only concerns we had the entire vacation.  It amazes me what goes into entertaining and taking care of all of the visitors on a ship like this.  NCL does it, almost, seamlessly! Highly recommend NCL and the Getaway!

The only concerns we had were on 2 nights, where the service was slow and the food was not hot, dessert was not cooked properly - otherwise - great.

Loved the ropes course and water slides, on board

We saw the Illusionariam - wonderful, Legally Blonde, nicely done!

We have teenagers - they had a wonderful time!

Always nice, and seemed to want everyone to have a wonderful time. It was all about the vacationers and it was apparent everyone was catering to the people!

Very Clean, very focused on cleanliness, nice rooms - I would have liked to see larger tv's in the mini suites.

We loved being in the middle and loved the balcony. We were on the 9th floor, to get 3 cabins in a row. I would have liked to have been a few floors higher, but we will just plan sooner next time. Very clean and updated. I would highly recommend the extra money for a balcony. Loved watching the sun rise and set. Sitting outside with the moon was so nice.

I don't drink soda, so I had to purchase 12 bottles of water for $49 - What a rip off. Next time, I will make sure I carry on a case of water.

Yuck - I didn't like the beach we visited - I don't like peddlers bothering me, constantly on a vacation
Absolute favorite of the trip
Terrible beach w/in walking distance - glass and bottlecaps on the beach, along with rocks - people seemed bothered by tourists, in the shopping areas