Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Wow - Haven was awesome.

Sail Date: September 27, 2014

Room Type: Suite

I call myself a frequent cruiser after 40+ cruises.   The haven was called a ship w/in a ship but that did not do it justice.  The service and privacy in the haven was nothing less than awesome.  This was the cleanest ship I have seen.  If you wanted things to do, you left the sanctuary of the haven and proceeded to climb the ropes, walk the plank, climb the rock wall, or hit the wave slide.  We missed the shows due to other timing obligations.  When I shop for cruises now, I will look first and mostly at NCL.  My husband kept saying "How tough it will be to go to any other cruise line, specifically Carnival."

Cleanest ship I have seen.
Terrific food in the specialty restaurants. One of our group was glutein-free and they bent over backwards to help her.
Great is too basic - stupendous would describe it better.
Entertainment Due to scheduling conflicts, missed the shows.
Lots of things to do.
Destinations and Excursions Ports could be better.
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Gets boring after a few trips there. Atlantis does not allow visitors to see the aquarium anymore w/o paying $.

If you can afford it - go into the Haven. You will be so spoiled that you will not want to sail any other way or company again. Planning a future cruise w/ grandkids so I paid attention to the kids - they seemed to be having a ball. It would be nice if NCL substituted the Turks for Nassau.