Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A beautiful ship

Sail Date: September 27, 2014

The getaway is a beautiful ship.  The ship was very clean, in all areas.  Our steward was very accommodating to my friends sleeping schedule, and still kept the cabin spotless. a special thanks to Alvin.  Not only did the ship provide hand cleaner dispensers in many location, but they had crew members spraying hands by the cafe. We ate in all the restaurants that were included.  The food was always very good.  We dined in one of the specialty restaurants, the italian one, and it was fabulous. We paid extra to attend the "Ilussionary"  dinner show". It was the best money spent.  Food was very very good and the show was spectacular.  Highly recommend it. On the 3 islands, St MAarten, ST Thomas, and Nassau, we only walked around , shopped and had island lunches. On ST Thomas we took the sky ride up to Paradise peak.  It was a beautiful view from the top. I would also recommend it.  Tickets were a couple dollars extra when purchased on ship.  I was a bit disappointed in the shopping in the ship.  There was not really a store to purchase essentials, that may be needed.  There was a shop with mostly clothing, a very large jewelry shop, with cosmetics and liquor.  I felt that was a bit large for a ship.  It also had a large photo area.  Overall the ship is beautiful. I guess if I have to be honest, I enjoy having the option to attend an early show, or a late show daily....and not have to be tied in to a reservation.  Thanks to the Crew for being so helpful and friendly!!!!

Cruise Photos

Always clean, and friendly crew
Never had a bad meal. Many options for restaurants and food choices.
all very friendly and quick to answer to your needs
The Illusionary show was fantastic.as was Burn the Floor. The other shows were ok, but just not my style
Destinations and Excursions did not take any excursions, but there were many available
Plenty of room and storage space. Alvin was very accomodating to cleaning times
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
just walked around a bit
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
cleaner and easier to stroll around. Sky ride to paradise peak the highlight
only walked abit and took a horse and buggy ride

Go to the Illusionary DInner Show. Also take the sky ride up Paradise Peak in St Thomas. There was also a fantastic fireworks display, from the top deck. Very beautiful.