Service and amenities great

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 14, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Getaway
Cabin Type: Suite

The service was great. The staff went out of their way to accomodate all requests. The specialty restaurants were excellent except the Italian. The food was average at best, you need a new menu and maybe a new executive chef. My dinner was dry and over cooked, the other party's dinner was likewise.

The waiter was excellent as was his service. He was able to correct my error in the wine order, like he did it every day.

The French and steak restaurants and exceeded our expectations in all respects.The Haven dining room was outstanding and the staff always knew our names when we arrived.

We used the spa almost every day and it was always a treat.

The entertainment was the best. The dulling (sp) pianos is not to be mssed the comedy was average but entertaining. The magic show was good, the food was remarkably good considering the number of people served. I think the preamble and premise  to the show is a little overdone.

I would like to have a string quartet playing lite classical but alas we could not find one.

The wifi was great with excellent signal in our state room.

I think he spa suite to be rather small and the balcony was to small to do anything except look at the scenery. It was impossible to have food served in the cabin due to the lack of space and the size of the table. I would not reccomend the spa suite if the guests plan to do any insuite dining. We passed on the room service.

Getting on board and getting off the ship was a dream minimal time required

All together only the above dining experience and lack of space for room service were negative and I reccomend this cruise, the ship is amazing.

I would especially like to compliment Melissa Lemke, our cruise consultant, who was extremely knowlegable and professional at all times. Your company should be complimented for staff members like Melissa Lemke.

With the exception of the Italian restaurant

See my previous comments

NA

size smaller then expected

Do not get a SPA suite if you expect to get room service.

Shopping