Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

The Getaway From Reality

Sail Date: June 14, 2014

As a first time cruiser I had no idea what to expect on my upcoming 7-Night Cruise with the Norweigen Getaway.  Everyone had stories and recommendations.  From the moment I entered the ship, I felt like I was in a magical world.  The Norweigen staff were extremely professional, helpful and HAPPY.  The food was excellent, rating the Complimentary Restaurants with an A and the Speciality Restaurants with an A+. Activities on the ship were numerous and it was your own fault if you got bored.  The Stateroom with a Balcony was well worth the investment.  Plenty of room, sparkling clean and much nicer than a hotel.  The entire cruise  was WELL ORGANIZED.......the Norweigen's have this down to a science.  My next cruise will be with Norweigen.

The ship was spotless, extremely clean, especially the daily make-up of the Staterooms
The buffets were kept in a clean and sanitary state as all times. Complimentary and Specialty dining were served in restaurants that rated an A+ in service and cleanliness
I would like to recognie Orlando, who daily kept our room in great shape. I loved the animals he made with the towels. We never had to ask twice for something. Or course with his Outstanding service, I don't think we asked for more than 1 thing the entire time.
We attended two shows while on board. They were fantastic.
Cannot rate this one
Everwhere you went, there were activities going on. You could stop and join any of them.
Well organized
Perfect....Large and roomy. Perfect view.
Miami, Florida
Cannot rate this. I was shuttled from the Airport to the Ship.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We went o the Sight, Sand and Shopping Tour. Tour guide was excellent. The Beach was beautiful.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Shopping
Wanted to stay longer, about a week

The Tropicana Complimentary Restaurant was excellent. The food and entertainment were great. The atmosphere was business casual which was nice. My husband and Brother-in-law actually had to change into "Long Pants" for the dining experience. That made my night.