NORWEGIAN GEM CRUISE DEC 13,2015

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

10 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 13, 2015

I HAVE TAKEN APPROXIMATELY 8 OR 9 CRUISES WITH NORWEGIAN WITH MOST BEING PRIMARILY ON THE GEM, BOTH TO THE CARIBBEAN & CANADA. I PREFER THE FREE STYLE DINING AND EASE OF LEAVING OUT OF MANHATTAN WHICH ON THIS PARTICULAR CRUISE WAS A BREEZE. PURCHASING THE UBP PROMOTION THIS TIME WAS EXCELLENT AS WAS THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY THE CREW, WHO COULDN'T BE ACCOMODATING. QUALITY OF FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AND GETTING A DRINK WAS NO PROBLEM. CLEANLINESS ALSO EXCELLENT. THE ONLY EXCEPTIONS I HAVE ARE (A). THE PORTS OF CALL. TORTOLA ON A SUNDAY IS A WASTE OF TIME. WHY GO THERE IF YOU KNOW THE PLACE IS BASICALLY CLOSED. HAVE DONE THIS TWICE ON THE GEM WON'T DO IT A 3RD TIME. SAN JUAN,PR  ALSO HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO CONSIDERING THE SIZE OF THE ISLAND, TIME TO GO ELSEWHERE! SAINT MAARTEN NEVER DISAPPOINTS AND ST. THOMAS IS A  CLOSE 2ND.(B) ENTERTAINMENT. BANDS ON THE OUTDOOR DECK DID NOT COME ON TIL 2 O'CLOCK IN THE AFTERNOON YET THE WEATHER WAS PARTICULARLY NICE AND GUESTS WERE UP THERE FROM 10 O'CLOCK AM. TIME TO GET STARTED EARLIER. I MUST SAY THE FEMALE SINGER FROM "PRISM" HAD A GREAT VOICE. ALSO REMOVAL OF THE BOWLING ALLEY. WHY? I WOULD BOWL AT LEAST 2X TO 3X ON EVERY TRIP. LASTLY WAS THE WALKOFF DISEMBARKATION WHICH WAS HAPHAZARD THIS TIME AROUND. ITS TIME TO ROPEOFF THE LINE AND HAVE SECURITY PERSONNEL SUPERVISE, NOT CUSTOMER REPS. SAW SEVERAL "ADULTS" CUTTING THE LINE INSIDE THE SHIP AND STOPPED BY CUSTOMER REPS ONLY TO DO THE SAME ONCE THE LINE MOVED TO THE OUTSIDE DECK CAUSING FRICTION. MAY AS WELL CUT IT IN THE BUD I ALWAYS SAY. OTHER THAN THESE 3 POINTS I WOULD SAY I WILL CONTINUE TO BE A NORWEGIAN CUSTOMER...

HAVE BANDS START EARLIER ON TOP DECK. WHAT HAPPENED TO BOWLING ALLEY?

ALL GOOD. SLEPT LIKE A BABY. CABIN STEWARD "UDIE" (NOT SURE IF SPELLED CORRECTLY) VERY FRIENDLY AND ACCOMODATING.

SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS VERY GOOD. CREW FRIENDLY.

TIME FOR A CHANGE. FOR THE SIZE OF PR, NOT ALOT TO DO AT LOCATION
2ND TIME THERE ON THE GEM ON A SUNDAY. NOT WORTH IT. GO TO ST. KITTS!