Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Cruising the East Coast

Sail Date: September 26, 2015

The early stages ran smoothly as we signed up for the cruise and land tours.  The board g was quite smooth co side ring the number of passengers.  The staff aboard ship were friendly, efficient and professional.  However, there were some problems with internal communications.  Ship -purchased shore tours used ship time for local time.  Others did not.  The tv channel that provided passenger information list local time as the same as ship time, while local time was actually an hour later.  I checked at the desk for the correct time.  They gave it, but provided a lame excuse for the confusion on tv.  Our tour bus was delayed a hour because of the confusion. And the tour was shortened as a result.  On Saturday I met some passengers who were planning to attend the Sunday morning worship.  I checked for the time and it was not listed.  The desk informed me that they only held Sunday worship if a preacher requested it.  I had no desire to preach, but offered to do do in order to provide a worship time for those who desired it.  I was told they could not advertise it, therefore it would have been useless to prepare for it.  They advertised bingo and every other commercial activity.  Why they could not advertise worship was not clarified.  I even offered to hold a Sunday evening vesper service t give them time, but this did not help.  Although it was bad ally. Pleasant cruise I do not tend to sail on Norweigen again.

Cabin adequate. Staff excellent.
Disembarked on cold, windy day. Better planning would not have had us in long lines standing in the cold.