Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Eastern Carribbean from NY is an alright experience.

Sail Date: February 27, 2015

The cruise was a good overall experience.  I have been on NCL  Jewel a couple of years ago and was surprised how the food experience has changed.  I was on the NCL Gem which is supporse to be the sister ship, however it was quite different.  The buffet was just ok and the dining room was not much better.  I guess that now NCL has so many specialty resturants, they don't need to put anything special on the dining room food.  Don't get me wrong; the food was decent but taking a cruise to me was all about the food and it was very ordinary.  Nice presentation on the food but come on, it was chicken and steak most nights.  The desserts were blah.   I had a balcony which was on the front of the ship.  The room was nice but alot of movement.  So much so that we spent very little time in there.  Going to sleep was the only thing to do with so much movement.  Take my advice and make sure you get a stateroom in the middle of the ship.  Entertainment was very good, however I think they need more activities in the atrium.  Come on, it was a movie of the islands over and over with no noice.  After ten days, it was just monotnous.  What happened to music there or games or something.   I'm not sure I really want to cruise on NCL again.

too much movement in cabin 9026