My 8th cruise!

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

9 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 18, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Gem

First time cruising with Norwegian and first time starting the cruise from NYC.  The idea of not flying to Florida or Puerto Rico was appealing but ounce on the ship, reality began we left Wednesday and was at rough sea till Friday afternoon and  Saturday 12 noon to reach our first port.   Wasted 5 days  out of 9 at sea not able to enjoy because of rough weather.  I was glad to sign up for the Spa which I visited while at sea and  I enjoyed the most .I was lucky to sign up early as it sold out the first day!  The food was satisfactory  but coffee was horrible no matter when,  breakfast lunch or dinner the coffee menage to ruin  our meal. The service at the Magenta was lousy, the service at the Grand Pacific was not so good until we got served by a server named King who was excellent very professional also a server named Katelyn was very good. A big disappointment being on the most beautiful island of  the itinerary at 7:00 Am and had to return on board by 12:00 pm. All of the seminar activities  was somewhat informative but bottom line was to sell you something from face lifts to shoe insoles.The shows at the theater were outstanding! Dan Dan, Noodles, the Acrobat Duo and the entire entertainment crew were great! Will I take this cruise again?  I will  but not from New York City.

Take early dinner and enjoy the second show......reserve your pool chair early they fill up fast.