Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Not as expected

Sail Date: April 05, 2014

Room Type: Suite

I wanted this cruise to be perfect. It started out with miscommunication on the room. The bathrooms are so tiny. I was told bowling was $5.00 a person per game no it's $9.00.  Eerything cost something. i got the gift certificates for the family thinking they could be used in the only on purchases on the ship. The casinos was so smokey certainly a health risk. Disgusting for a non smoker. Food was good. The crew worked hard and was very friendly. Overall, the cruise was nice after I got over the disappointment of the room  We were told the Haven only to be placed on the 11th floor with no Haven access. I will think twice before  cruising with Norwegian again.

Destinations and Excursions The port of Samana should be skipped. Very depressed area with armed guards at every corner. Children coming up to you begging for money.

Go to Garden Café anytime forpizza, ice cream. Happy Happy Washy Washy will put a smile on your face.