Great time with a few minor bumps

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

9 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 26, 2014

This is our second cruise on this ship. Last year we did a 7 day to Bahamas and that was GREAT! I did not care for these ports as much as I thought I would. PR and St. Maarten were great. The other two I could have done without.

There were many changes to policies on the boat within one year and I felt nickel and dimed at every turn. Other than that great adventure, but we will take a break for a bit until 2016 and the Mediterranean Cruise.

If you want peace and quiet choose an interior stateroom on lower levels. Not only do you get better prices on rooms, but not a lot noise.

If you want to eat in a main dinning room or specialty go when the first show in the Stardust theater is going. Shorter lines. Younger adults do not go during the winter, the crowd is much older and less likely to be a fun crowd.

The excursions were horrible and what we paid for we did not get. I would suggest staying on the boat. The people are so aggressive there. Worst port ever.