Too many Children running wild on ship!!!!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 31, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Escape
Cabin Number: 11904

There were pros and cons....

Pros- easy, fast embarkation and debarkation!! An excellent bartender at the "5 o'clock somewhere bar" by the name of the chocolate cowboy. He was excellent, knew everyone by name and remember the small items everyone liked in their drinks, very nice!!

Cons- there were over 2200 kids on this ship, un-attended, uncontrolled, no curfew, loud kids running wild all hours on this ship, I am talking about 9 yo and under!!!  The garden café was a nightmare, a freaking busy highway, dodging strollers, screaming kids, kids under 9 serving themselves at the buffet where they can barely reach and after picking their noses!!!  Kids playing with the soft serve ice-cream machine!!! No parental guidance at ALL!!!  I personally witnessed 2 small boys in the atrium throwing the pillows off the couches and having a pillow fight while the mother just sat thee and nearby staff ignored,,, I am sure it is all fun and games until someone gets hurt!!! No control at all!!! Kids in restricted ADULTS Only areas in the hot tubs!!!   No one said a word to their parents.... heck as if people without kids did not matter!!!! We work all year long and would like to relax on vacation not have to put up with someone else's brats!!!!!

The skyline club only played latino music every freaking night!!!!! Spice H20 only played fist pumping, jump around music for the tweens and twenty something crowd.. everyone else they could care less about!!!!

DJ played at the 12 x12 pool area daily with the lounge chairs reserved with shoes, towels, baby dolls and phones early in the am with no one around, they were probably eating breakfast or went back to bed... but hey we got our chairs reserved for whenever we decide to go to the pool area!! please NCL set rules and watch this...ENFORCE THEM for the enjoyment of all of yours PAYING customers instead of a select few!!!!

DJ needs to get out more and know that their all types of music instead of the 2 genres he played during the 7 day cruise!!!!

Never seen the cabin stewart all!!!!

First and last New Year's eve cruise I will ever take... considering cancelling my other 2 NCL cruises that were already booked!!!

Room serves a purpose... but the closet was actually 5 inches away from the bed. I banged my knee every time I had to get into that closet. better off just laying in bed and closet surfing!!!!

Think twice a about the Escape... the Getaway had a lot more energy and diversity of music, entertainment and much friendlier staff!!!

take a ferry over to St John's island
Loved The Virgin Gorda baths!!!
stay on ship!!!