Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

Escape Cruise May 21, 2016

Sail Date: May 21, 2016

All I can say was the Vibe area made the trip for me.  It's was so nice to be away from all the other people smashed on the deck trying to bake themselves for hours at a time.  With that said, a few things I learned while on this cruise.  I felt the boat move the entire time.  This has never happened on a cruise for me before.  It was never bad enough to take medication, but you definitely feel it.  A balcony room is a must.  I never had a balcony before and will never go back to not having one.  Balcony is worth the extra money.  The port of Miami is crazy and the signage as you try to get your luggage the day of disembarking is terrible!!!  I have never been so confused about how to get off a ship before.  If you want something to do, there is always an activity to do or try.  The daily schedule is packed full of all kinds of events.  Dance parties they hold are so fun.  You have all ages at these parties.  Some drunk and others sober.  All of them had fun.  It did get extremely crowded at times.  The only thing on the ship I didn't care for was the Margaritaville restaurant.  It is hardly open and up charge.  Also making reservations for dinner is next to impossible.

Overall, a great vacation.  The ship may be too large for my taste, but the ports were nice and the staff amazing.  My only hope for NCL is they figure out that people really don't want to be charged extra for most things on the ship.  I really felt like all they wanted was extra money from us the entire trip.

Loved our room. We had a room with a larger balcony due to it being slanted. It was under the Garden Cafe and never had trouble with noise. It was also right by the Aft stairs.
Lots of confusion at disembarking. Someone took my luggage by accident and I was not able to get my luggage until the ship was zeroed out at 11:45. I had to wait 3 extra hours due to someone else's mistake
Beautiful and very clean. Just too many people at times. Atrium too small for the amount of people they are trying to fit into a small area.
I had reservations before we boarded. If I had waited, I would have never gotten in to any of the restaurants.
Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Was by least favorite port. Town seemed dirty and didn't smell that well
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Went to a beautiful beach. Wish we had more time on the island.