Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

New Ship ESCAPE with FREE Drinks & GREAT specialty restaurants :D

Sail Date: January 30, 2016

I was most looking forward to getting on this new ship, the escape first set sail around October 2015.  I was hoping for that new ship smell.  I had already cruised 2x with NCL, and enjoyed the UBB aka free drinks both times, although they are still working out the kinks.  This time UBB process was much better and less hassle than the last 2 trips.  Either way definitely worth the extra fun and no huge bill at the end.

No new boat smell, although the ship is beautiful.  I prefer the EPIC, similar size, way better shows and less sea motion overall.  Both trips had pretty calm seas, but on the epic you couldn't even tell you were on a ship.  The ESCAPE is taller and skinnier which I think must be the reason for the swaying.

A few shows were great, I'd recommend paying the extra 30 or 40pp and do the dinner shows - the Rat Pack, they are always worth it.  I was initially on the fence about this one but am glad we went, it was really well done.

I also like the comedy shows and dueling pianos and the million dollar quartet, that being said the big shows were just a bit better on the EPIC.

Cruise Photos

Nice cabin, we were satisfied. They did have us in a bit of a maze so watch where they book you looked like we were close on the map to the other room we booked but it was around a few circles when you actually got there.
embarkation was ok, but disembarkation always takes awhile. Think it should be spread out more so if you were a late group you could enjoy part of the day on the boat.
I went for the new ship but enjoyed all the ports.
we rented a car in Tortola - which would have been a great if they weren't doing road work and a dump truck side swiped the rental jeep.. = pain in the butt but still made it to 2 nice beaches. == use caution on the roads if driving - they use the sidewalks so move over they might not. Also if going over the island - big hills so down shift and stop at the top of the hill before beginning decent - our brakes were smoking... scary.
na - didn't use but looked like they had a ton of great stuff
some shows were great /fantastic. rat pack & million dollar quartet!!
others not so much.
great food - bonus getting dining package - 32 oz porter house - had my husband at hello ;) best Cagneys & Italian, least favorite was french.
Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I like to go to beaches - we paid 8pp each way to go to meagans bay, but if I went back would rent a car and go to more beaches.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
I went for the new ship but enjoyed all the ports. we rented a car in Tortola - which would have been a great deal for 5 people 85 for the day vs 16 pp to go to 1 beach. if they weren't doing road work and a dump truck side swiped the rental jeep.. = pain in the butt but still made it to 2 nice beaches. == use caution on the roads if driving - they use the sidewalks so move over they might not. Also if going over the island - big hills so down shift and stop at the top of the hill before beginning decent - our brakes were smoking... scary.

Nice ship but nothing special about this one when compared to the Dawn n especially the Epic. All NCL ships I've been on are nice with similar themed parties and bars, restaurants etc.. My favorite so far was the EPIC.