Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Norwegian Escape

Sail Date: January 30, 2016

-Splash Academy was fantastic. We had to drag our kids out every night at 10:30 pm. From sun up to sun down, they wanted to be in Splash Academy!

-Million Dollar Quartet was the best show we have ever seen on a cruise. Absolutely brilliant!

-Ropes course was a ton of fun! All ages enjoyed being above the ship. It is the best ropes course we have ever been on, and we enjoy ropes courses often when we travel.

-Staff in main dining rooms, O'Sheehan's and the buffet were non cordial. The service was extremely slow, taking up to two hours for a meal. O'Sheenan's completely forgot our order one afternoon.

-Scheduling was awful during the day. Many times main events happened when kids were supposed to be picked up/dropped off to Splash Academy. Also, if you wanted lunch somewhere that would serve you, you had to do that between 12-1:30, sounds like a lot of time, but it isn't when you are trying to get kids picked up, fed, and dropped back off. On our anniversary we walked into Food Republic at 1:40 and they wouldn't serve us. So we went to O'Sheehans, where they forgot our order. Happy Anniversary to us!

-Entertainment, or lack there of, was extremely insufficient. Only having 2 shows in the theater was a let down. Only having 1 good show in the theater was also a disappointment. After Midnight was rated as "family" at the 7:00pm show. We took our 11 year old. After hearing the "F" word boldly sang and 3 songs about sex with showgirls coming on stage, we left. The bands and piano guys were ok, at best. Many times security came into the bars because of noise complaints from people in their rooms. One would think that wouldn't be a problem on a new ship. We watched the band in 5 o'clock get completely shut down due to noise one night with a crowd in 5 o'clock chanting "let them play." So much for freestyle!

-Service at/in bar areas was also awful. It was really hard to get someone to wait on you. Several times servers would pass us by when sitting in Brewhouse. We had empty glasses, and tried to flag them down, and talk to them and they would continually walk by. We would then go to the bar for service, where the same thing would occur. Very, very strange. We were not on the drink package and tipped well on the first drink, with the same results in being passed up. I asked for a cup of water in the theater before the kids circus. Although there were cups, ice and water right in front of the guy, he wouldn't give me a cup of water, because he was "closed". None of the bars served any drink, other than water, that was included in the cruise. If you wanted something else, you had to go to the buffet or wait up to 15 minutes in a dining room for a glass of Lemonade.

-Our cabin attendant was not very attentive. Many times we went without ice, again, not getting a drink when we needed one, and it took a long time to get to our room. Most days it was well into the afternoon and late into the evening before we got our daily service.

-Overall we were on a cruise, and that was fantastic. You can not beat the views on a ship. We made the best out of the time that we had. We booked private excursions and they were amazing. The customer service from was out of this world. They fought with Norwegian for over an hour, while I was on the cruse, because Norwegian messed up my package deal. We will cruise again, just not with Norwegian. We read all the bad reviews before going on the cruise and thought we would give it a chance anyway. I wish I would have booked a different cruise line for my parent's and children's first cruise! They will have something better to look forward to on the next cruise! Cabin was great. Bathroom was very roomy! Having joining room and balconies made the trip!

Cabin was great. Bathroom was very roomy! Having joining room and balconies made the trip!....Our A/C was broke for most of the trip. I called Guest Service where I was told it wasn't broke and then the Floor Manager came to the room to tell me I wasn't operating it correctly. Maintenance came and fixed it. The room was cool the remaining 3 days.
After our color was called, it took us over an hour to get to our bags. We have never experienced that long of a wait before during disembarkation.
My kids absolutely LOVED Splash Academy!
Food tasted good. Service was horribly slow.

Do yourself a favor and book another cruise line! We have really enjoyed Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.