Pick a different ship!
Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern
Sail Date: January 16, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Escape
Cabin Type: Balcony
Cabin Number: 15828
Traveled As: Singles/Friends
Reviewed: 1 year ago
1. most crew members need a lesson in customer service! Especially photo manager, she's rude & sarcastic. And her photographers walk around looking miserable.
2. Pool bartenders at Wave consistently ignore guests even when 6-8 bartenders & only 2-3 guests. Always took 30 min to get a drink when it wasn't busy. Same issue at Atrium bar. Not friendly, DO NOT deserve 18% gratuity.
3. Same drink or beer cost different prices at every different bars & restaurants. Sneaky. NCL purchased the beverages for the same price so why take advantage of your guests?
4. Million $ Quartet show was canceled & replaced with nothing. Apparently the cast had too much to drink the night before and got hurt?
5. Comedy shows had bored, restless kids which distracted from show. Young kids shouldnt be allowed at a 9pm show.
6. 3 main dining rooms all had same menu & only a few items were changed daily. These shouldn't be considered different restaurants "28 restaurants & bars". Not exactly! Food was ok but not great. Often cold.
7. Very obvious ship & shopping consultant get kickback from DI & other stores on shopping maps.
8. Upgraded dining was a la cart price + 18%??? Since when?? Since 3 main dining rooms had same menu, that leaves guests with mediocre buffet, main dining or bar food at O'Shans.? That forces guests to pay for food if they want something different. Shady.
9. Impossible to find a chair at pools even as early as 9am. Everyone "saves" them & then disappears for hours!
13. "VT Maple Syrup" diluted with corn syrup or Aunt Jamima! Very obvious to this Vermonter that it wasn't pure! French Toast was not described as having raisins in it. Mine had only 2, so were they supposed to be in it or not? French toast also arrived cold.
14. If you don't tip your room attendant daily, don't expect clean towels or your room to be made up nicely. You can forget towel animals and chocolates too!
12. NCL has really changed since 2009. Overall though, employees are obviously not happy.