Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Norwegian Escape (16-23 January 2016)

Sail Date: January 16, 2016

Room Type: Suite

The ship is gorgeous. A lot of places to eat and drink. I can say that the food was better tasting than I had expected. The Norwegian Chefs do a great job at actually seasoning their food in all the restaurants. Make sure and try Cagney's Steakhouse and Teppanyaki (pay restaurants but the food and service is great!!!). I would say the overall service from crew members was good considering this is a new ship and they are still working out the bugs. The mini suite we had was very narrow, small and not worth the money we spent. The balcony was very small. The best part about the stateroom was the shower; the best I’ve ever seen on a cruise ship. The terminals B/C in the Port of Miami are really bad; old and dirty and very disorganized. They really need to spend some money to upgrade those facilities. You must visit and walk around the entire Waterfront on Deck 8. A very nice concept by Norwegian. Ports weren't great (St. Thomas; Roadtown, Tortola, BVI and Nassau).  Nothing to do in Roadtown so don't bother to get off the ship other than to get off walk around the couple of shops they have there and to say you were actually there. They are really building up the port so in a few years it might be worth visiting again. Overall, great cruise. Give it a try. I think you will love it.

Happy