Almost Perfect

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 15, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Epic

I really enjoyed the trip.  I traveled with my husband, daughter and four girlfriends and we had a blast.  I used Norwegian to book my flights and transfers from the airport to the cruise ship and everything was seamless.  The boat was great and the staff was amazing.  The excursions I booked through the cruise line were also well organized and fun.  The tour guides were knowledgeable and funny.  We learned a lot and we laughed a lot.  The only issue we had during our trip was the fact that a very large tour group was on our cruise.  They were rude, pushy and unpleasant.  If the group wasn't on our cruise it would have been perfection.  Unfortunately they were such a large group we could not get away from their bad behavior.  I have taken about 10 cruises and this is the first time I have had this type of experience.

If I were to use this cruise line again I would hope that we would not have the same experience.  Since this was our first time using this line, I might consider giving them another try.  But it would have to be a cruise closer to home.

A good selection and great presentation of food in the specialty restaurants.

We saw all of the shows and they were amazing!!!!

Anthony was amazing and he was very kind.

I would advise all future cruisers to book your excursions, shows, and dinners in advance using the web site. This will allow you to make sure that you get to all of the places you are interested in seeing and places you want to eat.

I didn't see much of Barcelona. The next time I will arrive a few days early to enjoy the city more.
Rome is a must. Make sure you book an excursion to see the city and the ruins.
The small town of Pisa is very charming and the people were really nice.
We were able to see Nice and go to Cannes during the film festival. Both cities are really beautiful and I would make sure that you take a tour to see both.
Make sure you visit the old port and tour as much of the city as possible. I liked this city so much I plan on learning French and returning for a longer visit.