Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Enjoyed our first cruise on Norwegian

Sail Date: September 14, 2014

We have taken cruises with other organizations. We found Norwegian to be a very good choice. Staff, food, facilities were excellent. Room was always clean and neat. Only a few "little" things could be improved upon. I love having a banana in the morning, however was very disappointed when I found nothing but rotten bananas or no bananas at all. It would be nice if Norwegian Cruise Line would provide city maps of ports of call. I understand that they make money by selling shore excursions but some people (like us) enjoy exploring on our own. Cruise did not provide any sports information. No daily flyer and no tv channel with scores. I understand I am on a cruise and I am not asking for "live feeds" of games ..... only yesterdays scores. Bottom line. Great cruise experience .... give me a decent banana, a city map, and yesterdays scores and you will get 5 stars next time. Gary

Our room guy was great .... believe his name was Faxron
Blue Man group was disappointing, Beatles group were very good
enjoyed rock climbing, water slides
Pricey - 50 people on a bus at $200 each ..... $10,000 for a guide and a bus ride ????
I enjoyed cabin and layout. Wife also enjoyed balcony but wanted more privacy when using toilet and shower.
Barcelona, Spain
Wonder city ..... greatly enjoyed everything about it
Naples, Italy
Naples is okay .... nothing great ...... enjoyed Pompeii
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
I had been to Rome before all construction and renovation. Understand it being necessary however wife and friends did not get to see Trevi Fountain operating, etc.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Went to Florence. Beautiful city. Saw Michelangelo's David. Wonderful experience.
Cannes, France
Cannes and Nice are good to see. Had bad experience with French waiter.... told us he hated Americans when we asked for water to drink with lunch. Normal French behavior I guess.
Palma De Mallorca, Balearic Islands
Very nice surprise. First time in Palma. Found city, beaches a real pleasure.

For best selection and small lines eat early. We had no problems by following this approach.