Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Third Mate

Epic Post-Cruise Survey

Sail Date: July 09, 2014

This was my first time taking a cruise with my wife.  We have been wanting to go on a cruise for years, and decided to do the Western Mediterranean with the Norwegian Epic as my brother recommended it to me.  I was pleasantly surprised overall, with the quality of the food, especially in the main (garden cafe) buffet.  I would definitely recommend this cruise to anyone else.  The only criticism that I have of Norwegian is that the Spice H2O area, which was supposed to be the "Adult Zone" until 6pm daily on the boat, often was not enforced except for on one day.  It was nice, relaxing, and romantic for my wife and I to hang out at Spice H2O when it was the "Adult Zone" and there were no kids present in the pool or hot tub.  Other than that, the cruise was fantastic, and was everything and more than we ever imagined.  I would cruise again with Norwegian.

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Spent 6 days here before our cruise. St. Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum were my favorite.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Cannes, France
Palma De Mallorca, Balearic Islands
Barcelona, Spain
Sagrada Familia was a hit. Get there early.
Naples, Italy

Never had a problem at any of the dinner restaurants. Be sure to come early, as after 8pm it starts to become a long wait to get seated.

1 Comment