Norwegian ...failed on air and was not wheelchair friendly

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Dawn

9 Night Canada & New England (Quebec To New York)

Sail date: September 11, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Dawn

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9516

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I would not recommend this to anyone who has problems walking. Too many ports were tendered. Norwegian also had no consideration for its passengers when it booked outrageous times for the cheap airfare. I do not plan on using them again!

Embarkation

It took 12 hours to get to the ship because Norwegian booked the air for us! When we arrived at the ship, there was no one to help with suitcases or wheelchairs. For the first time ever, I had to wheel my suitcases onto the ship. Only when we got to security did someone take the wheelchair

Ship experiences

We loved the Aqua dining room and never had a wait for a table. Loved the pub and their chicken wings! The buffet was usually very crowded

There was always a lot going on

The husband wife duo that performed in the atrium were outstanding

We do not have children

Shore excursion crew was very helpful

The cabin was typical for a cruise ship. The shower was bigger than on other ships. Balcony could use a paint job to hide the rust

Ship tip

If you are in a wheelchair..think twice! Four ports were tendered and one docked far from the terminal. It was not a wheelchair friendly cruise. We also did not have wheelchair help on either end of the cruise and we had to manage 2 suitcases and the chair!

Ports of call

Quebec City, Quebec

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Wonderful place to visit

Bar Harbor, Maine

My favorite New England seaport

Newport, Rhode Island Did not visit port

It was also tendered and that is hard for a person on a wheelchair

New York, New York

We took a cruise transfer. The driver dropped us off at airport arrivals instead of departures so we could not get baggage help!

Disembarkation

We had wheelchair assistance so I did not think we also needed baggage help. But when we got to customs, we were told that was the end of our help. We again had to manage 2 suitcases and a wheelchair!

1 Comment