Nothing upscale about this cruise

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Caribbean Adventure from Boston
Sail Date: October 28, 2016

Considering I had sailed on Norwegian Dawn a couple of years back I think it has gone downhill. I found the food in the restaurants to be quite disappointing, The buffet wasabi improvement. Iordered veal Oscar in the dining room, by the way both included restauransn have the same menu, was more like dog meat Oscar, mushy and no likeness to veal. As the week progressed and I tried of the entrees they only got worse. The safest thing to eat was the steak on the menu. I refuse to pay $30 up charge for a specialty restaurant with an added 18% service charge when I'm already being charged a service charge for the freestyle restaurants. We did try the Chinese restaurant which was included in the package and that was no better. And average cocktail was $15 with 18% service charge. The entertainment wash boring and the comedians were far from funny. Considering I have traveled on Princess and Celebrity in the past I think I will stick with Celebrity since it's only a couple of hundred dollars. In the long run you get more for your money and it is like night and day. Dinner dress was supposed to be business dress but they allowed people in wearing anything from shorts, t shirts, etc. Even didn't comment when one young woman say at the table next to us crossed legged!  Far from classy, we dressed as we would when dining at a nice restaurant at home.

Better then my expectations, deck 10a great location

Budget minded

Harassed slot by store owners
French Quarter smelled out sewage and very dirty, don't consider eating there. Highly recommend visiting Garden District.