My Cruise Experience on the Norwegian Dawn

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 22, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Dawn

I enjoyed my cruise on the Norwegian Dawn. I came home with good memories. I saw two things that I did not like though. One was the way that the young ladies at the Garden Café handled the hand sanitizer that they were supposed to be washing all of the passengers hands with. MANY TIMES  they were either talking with their peers or just not paying attention and allowing persons to pass them without washing their hands. Once I saw one of the young ladies playing with a toddler who was eating with his parents when I came in. I had to use one of the sanitizer machines to clean my hands. Another thing that I saw was passengers filling USED water bottles from the fountain drink machine by putting the nozzles down into the used water bottles. I saw this several times. I think that this is something that needs to be addressed on their safety channel. I did tell someone about it and she promised to tell her manager. I was on the Norwegian Jewel in January and the hand washers made sure that every one who entered washed their hands.

Not as large of a selection as on the Norwegian Jewel. The Blue Lagoon that is open all night has a poor selection to choose from.

I really enjoyed the jacuzzi and the swimming pool. There was always something for everyone to do who chose to, from the game room to the library. I saw word searches that another passenger had that she got The buffetfrom the library.

N/A

I cannot remember his name, I know that it started with an M, but he was the young man who cooked my omelet. He always knew what I wanted or how I wanted my eggs cooked when I did not have an omelet.

Sort of small

The buffet did not have a large enough selection. There were not very many vegetables.

N/A
Shopping. Don't purchase T-Shirts at the first shop that you see. You can get good quality T's for $4-$5 if you look around. Also on silver jewelry, if it does not have a paper tag on the merchandise, it is probably not real. We bought a ring that looked silver and the coating peeled off after two weeks of wear. Fortunately we went back in a month and was able to return it for a refund. Another silver jeweler gave us the tip about the paper tag.
The only thing that we did there was shopping. Dont buy the first thing that you see, there is always a cheaper price, especially on T shirts and caps.
For shopping, I found this place to be very expensive. Did find some reasonable T-shirt and cap sets for $10 by just looking around.
Shopping was expensive in most places if you pay the first price that was asked. You have to bargain with the shops here. We purchased three hats for $38.00 by bargaining. The first asking price was $40.00.