Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A memorable time!

Sail Date: December 07, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My overall impression of the ship was EXCELLENT! Our cruise was in December and two months later my kids and I are still talking about how much fun we had! We wish we were still on the Dawn! It was so much fun and the crew was amazing! We got the best animals made of towels from our stewards and our favorite place for a snack and soda was the Java Cafe. Beautiful ship!

Pros: The cruising itinerary, the Stardust theatre and the crew

Cons: watching some of the people eat... (gross)

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

i recommend getting a room with a window! =D We had an inside stateroom and it was so hard to tell what time of day it was. I would turn on the tv (to the station that showed where the ship was) to see if the sun had come up. Beautiful room... we'll take a window next time.
extremely friendly and there for anything we needed/wanted or asked for.
We LOVED the shows!!! The dancing was outstanding!
My children loved being involved in the programs while we were at sea! The staff was magnificent!
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
It was definately a beautiful island but there was such an undercurrent at the beach that a few times we were overpowered by the water! The islanders were VERY friendly! We loved the man on the beach with the coconuts and the machete!
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Overall, our favorite island! The water was a little rougher than St. Thomas but it was so beautiful! We had a lot of fun here! There are so many places to shop and eat. The only thing i regret is that we didn't have more time on the island! I would have loved to explore the French side of the island as well. We will definately go back to this island for an extended vacation.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
we went to Coki Beach! it was the most beautiful beach I had ever experienced! Of the entire cruise, this beach was our favorite. The water was calm and crystal clear. The sand was beautiful and there were beautiful fish swimming all around our feet!
Don't Miss: don't miss Coki Beach!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We didn't venture outside of the city, which i regret. I know Puerto Rico is a beautiful island but since we stayed in San Juan, i just felt like we were in a tropical New York City (which we've experienced many times). Next time we will definately go into the rainforest or go horseback riding! There are a lot of great places to shop and eat! We thought it was funny to see a few lizzards walking by us on the sidewalk or sticking to the fences.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
We had a lot of fun hanging out on this island! We attempted to snorkel but everything within me told me not to breathe in and out through my mouth while under water, so I never really got the hang of it! =D My son mastered it and swam out to the 'drop off' and saw some great fish and stingrays. I couldn't get him out of the water! My daughter and I explored the island and enjoyed the band playing in the background. It was a nice way to end a great trip!!!!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Don't Miss: don't miss Coki Beach!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas