Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

the PERFECT cruise

Sail Date: December 13, 2008

We loved the ship. It was beautiful, well laid out, very clean and tidy, and had a vast array of activities and locations. There was lots to do, great food to enjoy, and Norwegian made my parents 30th anniversary absolutely perfect. Also the painless Freestyle Disembarkation was AMAZING! We were off the ship and to our car in only 15 minutes and we could bring our luggage with us and leave whenever we wanted to.

Pros: Freestyle Cruising, the Ocean Balcony Room, the Amazing Staff, the Food!

Cons: we could have skipped Samana, but the other ports were lovely! also I wish there had been soda machines available to us at no charge

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

We enjoyed the Jean & Ryan company the most. The bollywood show was fantastic and all the flying tricks were unbelievable. I can't believe they did all that on a rocking boat!
Ship was very well laid out. We loved the different restaurants and how most of them were connected to the piano lounge. When we had drinks there, I felt like I was at an extremely classy establishment. The ship was kept very clean. I would recommend staying somewhere midship because it was easier to use the mid staircase and that way you could access everything easily. And if you can go to the spa, definitely take advantage of that day pass cause the spa is what you need at the end of a long day of exploring. The view from the spa toward the back of the boat was incredible.
Food was great! There was this snapper dish that rocked my socks off. We had our fair share of waiters and they were all very friendly and accommodating. There were a few that rocked our socks off and we were sure to make sure that didn't go unnoticed by management. I highly recommend the teppanaki room! The Land N Sea combo was just SO delicious.
The Ocean Balcony Room on the 10th floor MADE our trip. It was awesome to open our room and hear the sounds of the ocean and feel the breeze whenever we wanted. We HIGHLY recommend taking a room on the left side of the ship because the views were breathtaking. We even saw a sunset on our last day at Great Stirrup Cay from our room. The interior rooms were also great but I would recommend spending the extra money and springing for that balcony room
The amazing staff and crew also made our trip memorable. They are a friendly, extremely hard working group of people!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We ferried to Trunk Bay on St. John and WOW what a beautiful beach that was!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Fantastic private island! Get on the first tender boat so you can run and get one of the blue laying out chairs.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Take the $20 north shore tour of the island because it was WORTH it! it's not a NCL tour excursion but when you get off the boat, there's these open aired taxis that will take you around Tortola. The tour lasted almost 3-4 hours and it was well worth it.
Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
It wasn't the best port to explore right off the ship. I would recommend using this port for an excursion. We were constantly bombarded by people trying to sell us sea shells.