Outstanding Cruise

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

10 Night Eastern Caribbean (San Juan To Tampa)
Sail Date: December 07, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Modern ship with all the extras. We had a balcony room and enjoyed coffee and breakfast on our balcony every morning. The design of the room was inproved; in particular the bathroom. The shower is larger than on most ships and the design seemed more efficient. Plenty of room to store all our clothes and luggage. The room steward was very efficient and the room was cleaned to perfection each time. He also made the towel animals - very cute.
Meals were excellent with no problem getting a table. Just don't try to eat exactly at 6 PM. All the geezers line up to get in then.

Especially enjoyed the variety of restaurants. Never had a problem getting a table at the time I wanted to eat.

Good variety of entertainment. The large productions need an overhaul. In particular, "Dollywood" was a bore. Who on earth is interested in an eastern Indian production? If you're from India, I guess.

Dining room staff was very friendly. They were more than willing to stop and share a few moments of conversation with you.

All public areas cleaned to perfection each day.

I had a balcony stateroom. The balcony was nicely sized. The sliding door was very nice as well since it did not obstruct anything in the stateroom.
The snorkelling trip was outstanding. I saw more fish on this dive than anywhere else I have been.
Don't Miss: snorkelling
Don't Miss: snorkelling
Phillipsburg is much improved. The main street and sidewalks have been repaved. Enjoyed shopping and walked to little bay and Belair beach.
The best place to buy cheap liquor
Don't miss the fort and the historic areas of the city.
The best place to buy cheap liquor
Don't miss the fort and the historic areas of the city.

Pros: Excellent food & variety of restaurants

Cons: Too many Japanese and Russian tourists

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!