Noordam Cruise Review to South Pacific - Australia

Third Mate

Good but not the Best

Sail Date: March 12, 2016

The food was good but not always great.

The service was excellent.

Spa Service was wonderful

The entertainment was good but not great

We crossed from New Zealand to Australia in a Gale; the waves were 11-30 feet; it was exciting and a little scary; frequent weather updates were not reassuring.

Large Library; Cooking classes; Computer and Camera classes; Mixology classes

Supplied over-priced medically needed distilled water and then slapped a bar surcharge on it to add insult to injury.  Of the 7 other cruise lines that I have been on, none charged for distilled water.

Lido deck closed regularly, had limited hours, and limited coffee access

They kept laying new carpet in major hallways (at night) but I expected this kind of work to be done when ship is docked for "repairs"

5 ports on the first five days of the cruise left me exhausted; I will look at this more carefully in the future.  If it were not listed on the elevator floor, I truly wouldn't know what day it was.

Room Service was great.

This was the most poorly laid out stateroom that I have ever been in. Could barely walk around the bed, and a small table and chair blocked one side of the bed. Adequate closets and large bathroom. Without the table, room service trays would have had to be placed on the bed