The ports were fantastic

Noordam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Helpful Vote: 1

21 Night Southern Caribbean Seafarer/Wayfarer (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 20, 2015
Ship: Noordam

Every port of call on this itinerary was wonderful. Half Moon Cay , Grand Turk , Samana , Bonaire , Curacao , and Aruba. That's why I booked this cruise. The actual ship on Holland America Line was a means to get there. The size of the Noordam was acceptable , I don't care for mega size ships. The entire atmosphere  on HAL is outdated , a bit on the boring side. I felt as if I went back in time for 10 days. Couples were everywhere and singles were scarce. Most music played was old and I do mean OLD. Perhaps this is the atmosphere that HAL is attempting to provide for their passengers and they have succeeded . Unfortunately time changes and I believe that HAL , at some point, will have to make their line more appealing to newer generations.....Just my opinion...

Going into drydock in 10 days for "upkeep"

The HAL definitely knows "crowd control" , whether getting on or off the ship plus tendering. They had it under control. I applaud them.

The most beautiful "out island" that I've experienced
Beautiful snorkeling / booked online before cruise
Some people saw whales
Go zip lining with Terry, he owns his own company on the island / fabulous / booked on line before cruise
The best snorkeling in the world
Swam with the dolphins at the Dolphin Academy / loved it
Wonderful beaches....public bus transportation is easy and inexpensive to use