Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Not liked

Sail Date: March 22, 2015

We found the ship to be on the small side. The food on 9th floor was just eatable most of the time. The food at the Manhattan was mostly good, There just wasn't much of it. There wasn't a large screen t.v. by the pool as other ships has. The cabin was small. So small I could hardly get my small scooter in the room. Another ship we  were on had a large cabin, also with a balcony with plenty of room and 2 t.v.'s. We found everyone to be very friendly on our trip, especially the waiters on the ninth floor, like Nana was. Our cabin cleaner was very friendly and helpful. Where we docked was great as we found good deals and had a wonderful, memorial time at Malonos in St. Thomas. The problem was the ship and not enough to do while at sea.

Could have larger cabins
The food wasn't very good on the ninth floor. It waqs better In Manhaten, but small portions. We paid $10 for lunch one day and the portions were small there as well.
Could have been larger.
Nana was a very good and helpful waiter! He was great!!
There was not eongh to do during the days at sea. The movie selection was not updated.
Just not enough to do.
We had a great time at Malonos in St. Thomas. Very memorable.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
The cops at the port itself were a little rude.
Grand Turk Island
The pictures I was able to take were beatiful. Had a great time there.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Shopping along the street was great. There were many stands to buy from.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Had plenty of shopping there. Malonos was the best with great atmospfer and greater people working the counters. Had some good laughs there.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
I was not able to take my scooter on shore so I was not able to go ashore. I still got good pictures anyway.