Great Cruise

Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 22, 2015
Ship: Nieuw Amsterdam

My wife and I took our first cruise... this exact cruise for our 25th Anniversary in 2013 on the ms Eurodam and loved it! After we returned she was diagnosed with cancer and passed away 21 months later.

As a time of celebration of their mom's life, I took my two daughters on their first  cruise... the very same cruise my wife and I had taken, only difference was we were on the ms Nieuw Amsterdam. We had an incredible time! Our favorite stop was the last day, on Half Moon Cay... the BEST part of the cruise, and we all wished we would have had more time there! We plan on cruising together again in the future.

Holland America was our first cruise experience and is (in part) why I again selected them. We appreciated so many of their crew members.

The food was very good, but in some areas missed the "Great" category

N/A

There was some outstanding crew members!

This ship was going into dry-dock after our cruise, which will improve minor shortcomings

Overall, we did no spend a lot of time in our cabin and the cabin [itself] was great. However, it is located right above the bow theater area, so it was extremely noisy during the shows and other times crew was working below. I loved the balcony, with one exception: the glass verses the solid balcony railing. Our balcony room on the upper deck was amazing!
Was NOT impressed with how the port handled the traffic upon our return - 9 ships at port - 35k people... was a zoo
Enjoyed
Other than the historic forts, to our family this was a wasted stop.
Amazing!
By far, the highpoint of our cruise!!!