Changed the entertainment

Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 11, 2015
Ship: Nieuw Amsterdam
Cabin Type: Suite

I was disappointed in this particular cruise as I'd just cruised the same ship, same destination points in November and this time brought along 2 novice cruisers to introduce them to HAL.  I didn't realize there was a mini-charter aboard, for which (from my understanding) the entertainment line-up was changed.  Rather than one of their great production shows, they featured only two of the smaller shows, with no set change-up, nor storyline so indicative of musical theatre productions.  The EXPLORER at the start of the week listed the production show; however, later in the week, they changed it up.  I believe this came from the corporate level and had nothing to do with either the cast or the entertainment crew on board....I don't appreciate appeasing some at the expense of others.  Not so keen on recommending HAL if this is what they are going to be doing.

They've changed things up; did away with solo guitarist in Crow's Nest (this in just 6 weeks since I last cruised), reduced Adagio Strings to 2, and are minimizing the showroom shows and replacing with jazz and blues band (who are good, but not the only type of entertainment out there.

Disappointed; harassed in the market; Blackbeard's Castle closed after we walked the 99 steps in 90 degree weather to see it. Not very welcoming except for Big Kahuna's.