Our first Cruise trip, and we choose the MSC

MSC Seaside Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

MSC Seaside

7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 08, 2020

Ship: MSC Seaside

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 13219

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Overall, we had a good time. Despite the many disappointment with many things. We did not let that ruined our happiness. Some things could have handle better if staff were properly trained. It was our first time on a cruise and we chose the MSC with the help of our travel agent and to experience some of the things we experienced was not good

Embarkation

Lack communication, and unorganized

Ship experiences

Lack communication, food was okay, but could have been better selection. Like beef beacon, especially for that don't eat pork. Service by some people was great, Kevin, Josceslyn, crystal, and a few others whose names we forgot. Our room attendant we want to grade him a 10, because he was excellent in keeping our room. The hostess at the Ipanema Restaurant was not properly trained, because on numerous times when we went for dinner we were given a different schedule time to return. Our original time was at 5:15pm and we got there late the first day and was told to return at 7:30pm. We return at 7:30pm and was told to either wait until the 7:30 pm people were seated or return at 9:30pm. My partner was so disappointed with the lack of communication he only ate at the Restaurant 2 times. I ate at the Restaurant 3 times. What mostly disappointed us, was when we were given a menu twice to order what we want to eat and was charge for the food, eventhough the food was part of our package deal. We were never told that there was an additional price for food . There was also one staff whose name is Giovanni who was rude and disrespectful. I stated to him that I did not want a piece of meat that had a lot of fat. He in turn stated that if I went to the butcher shop and said that I did not want the fat they would not cut off the fat. He was very rude. I did not eat any food from the area where he was serving.

Marketplace Bar

I did not give a 5, because of the rude staff that I had an issue with

Ipanema Restaurant

Lack communication, will not eat there again

I only went to the casinos, past by the pool. I wanted to try out the fitness room, but did not get the chance.

Boring

No kids with us

Horrible from some staff. Kevin, crystal, Joscelyn and several others I grade them a 10

John was excellent, I grade him a 10

Ship tip

The announcement is not coming in clear through the intercom

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

I grade Excursion department a 10, eventhough we had some issues with, we were missed guided by staff, and there was confusion with time not corresponding with time on the ticket. We were not happy with the response from Lhova. And we did not receive the tickets until the next day. What prompted us to give a grade of 10, it's because Alesicia the supervisor listens to our concerns and address the issues. She made us happy. Thank you Alesica.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Yes, but I did not see much

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Love it. Love it, the fish is good

Excellent, my home town. I was born tu here.

OCEAN CAY MSC MARINE RESERVE, BAHAMAS

Yes, ski diving....we had fun

Disembarkation