Worst Cruise Ever

MSC Seaside Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

MSC Seaside

7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 14, 2019

Ship: MSC Seaside

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 15207

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

The MSC Seaside ship was beautiful. That I the only thing I can say that is positive. The pool was terrible. You could not stand in the pool (no shallow end) and there were no tables to put your drinks. Most chairs were occupied by 9am with towels, which people came at noon to 4pm to claim. The chairs were so crammed in that we couldn’t get to sit down. The bar always had a 10-12 person line and there were people that just walked up and got served. Bad customer service skills. The buffet was totally DISCUSTING! The food was all cooked hours if not days before and dried out, overcooked, and tasteless. We could not eat it after 2 days. I have been on many cruises were the food is delightful and I gained weight. NOT THE CASE with MSC. I actually lost 6 pounds. This is one reason why I would never come back or recommend them. The restaurants were not any better! I ordered a steak medium or medium rare and it always came out well-done, dry, and over cooked. It really did not matter what you ordered, it was well over done. I asked another passenger if the upgraded restaurants were any better and was told absolutely not. This really turned us off on MSC. The new years eve show (or any show), WOW, want a disappointment! Totally a Miami club theme. Problem is there were no chairs, tables, or anywhere to sit. Also, no slow dance after new years! We just went to bed after midnight. Pretty much the same show every night. Bam Bam Bam. We were on the 15th floor (balcony). Paid for an upgrade, which was a waste of money. The whole time we hear scraping of chairs, running, pounding of the pool deck above us. They removed the chairs for the parties and put them back at 5am. Bam Bam Bam. The elevators were so SLOW as well. Everytime we finally got on one, people would shove themselves on at every floor going up or down. The theater shows were good; however, we came 20 minutes before (and had a reservation), and were told all seats were given away. How does that happen? Unbelievable! Now for the absolutely worst part of our trip: WE WERE CHARGED $83.75 PER PERSON (BOTH MY WIFE AND I) HALF WAY THROUGH THE TRIP! They stated it was for service charges. I went down to the service desk, waited 45 minutes, and was told it was for gratuities. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I went back to my cabin and got my contract, which stated that taxes & gratuities were included in the price of the cruise. I went back and went off on the guest services (after waiting another 50 minutes) and they did take it off my bill. THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN, EVER! Customer Service obviously is not their strong spot! We are so sorry we spent our money and time on this cruise! We should have done the NCL cruise! We thought we would try something else and made a huge mistake. I would recommend that anyone – STAY AWAY FROM MSC! I REPEAT, STAY AWAY FROM MSC!

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Ship tip

Don't ever take a MSC Cruise!

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

San Juan, Puerto Rico

We only had 3 hours

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

OCEAN CAY MSC MARINE RESERVE, BAHAMAS

This place needs to really come into it's own.

Disembarkation