MSC Musica Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

It was a surprise

Sail Date: August 23, 2009

This was our first time taking a cruise. I was nervous because I read a review that was unflattering after I had booked the ship. I went in very open minded. I was pleasantly surprised. The ship is based in Europe and does attract a European clientele but there was sufficient English speaking clients as well and 98% of the staff spoke English. The staff was amazing. The treated us well from the get go. Our room was clean and was supplied throughout the day with fresh towels. The ship is big. I was amazed how many new people I would see each day. The activities on board were great. They had nice shows and did crazy dance activities by the pool. People just ate it up. The Cruise Director was very visible and very charming. He made you feel welcomed. The food was really good, contrary to the other reviewer's belief. You had the choice each morning of having a continental breakfast delivered to your room each morning, a sit down meal in the restaurant or buffet. No matter what your choice was it was delicious. Lunch was buffet or sit down as well. Dinner was always a surprise. You were treated to six - 7 course meals. Then there was an afternoon tea and midnight buffet. Plenty of food and plenty of choices, light side menu, vegetarian and regional. My only complaint, if you could call it that, is they don;t serve coffee at lunch or at dinner. You can go to the coffee bar and have it for a very small price. The ports of call were nice. I wish we could spend a few more hours in some of them. Mykinos is a party island and it doesn't get started until very late and we had to be on the boat. I felt we could have spent a few more hours there and arrived later to the next port. It was a very nice trip. I loved it all. The cruise as very reasonable in price and was some things we heard people discuss about it not being a 24 hour buffet was nonsense when there was plenty of food available and unfortunately we saw plenty of it wasted which all factors into cost. The ship should provide for some free beverages instead of buying tickets or at least offer an unlimited Ice tea/lemonade package to purchase. And another suggestion is to have an adult swim hour.Other than those few suggestions I thought it was perfect.

Pros: The staff was very friendly and attentitive.

Cons: The Casino had a few broken machines and could use more atmosphere.

Recommends MSC Musica? Yes!

So clean. It definitely passes the white glove test.
The Chef was willing to accommodate any dietary concerns/restrictions.
Very Quiet.
Bari, Italy
Loved it. We had a great time and enjoyed the city.
Don't Miss: The castle
Dubrovnik, Croatia
It was hard they take different money, Kunas. Use the Atm to get some but most places would take Euros but not US dollars.
Don't Miss: Old Town and the market
Corfu, Greece
The water was crystal clear. Bring a suit and towel. The beach is a little rocky though.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
The city was beautiful
Don't Miss: The shopping in Plakas.
Mykonos, Greece
Wish we could have stayed longer.
Don't Miss: The food, cafes and bars. And the giant pleican. Sunset was beautiful
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
The water was so blue.
Santorini, Greece

Don't Miss: Take the donkey ride up. Fun!