MSC Lirica Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

The MSC Lirica was fabulous!

Sail Date: September 26, 2008

We recently sailed the MSC Lirica from Citivecchia on a Western Mediterrean cruise. The boat was clean, the staff welcoming and a different show every night for entertainment. This was our first cruise ever and it was exciting just trying to figure out which restaurant we would eat at next. Not many folks from the USA on board and English not the primary language, however, the staff was fluent in at least four languages, including English. It was easy to get on and off the boat when the ship ported and information was easy to obtain about local interests. I loved it so much that I am already planning a Baltic Cruise for next year... during the warm months. Obviously I would cruise again... a good value and well worth the time and money.

Pros: Clean, beautiful ship and wonderful staff

Cons: Not quite enough activities while on the boat

Recommends MSC Lirica? Yes!

We had a small interior room...it was sufficient as we spent most of our time out of the room on deck or on excusions when at the various ports.
The show each night was excellent but not much going on in the lounges or casino. Lots of families on holiday during my cruise.
Tangier, Morocco
I lived in Morocco as a child and I specifically wanted to go back there. It was entertaining, but got dark and a bit scary by the Kasbah. Everyone trying to sell their local handmades, but don't touch as they will follow you all the way back to the bus. If you want a lower price... keep walking... they will follow you and the price will continue to drop!
Malaga, Spain
Did not do the excursion but ventured out by ourselves. It was clean and we went to a little church close to the port. Had a cappuccino and watched the locals.
Valencia, Spain
Valencia was impressive. We took the shore excursion which was interesting. This part of Spain was very clean and modern.
Genoa, Italy
Went out on our own... watch out for the taxis as they can rip you off. Otherwise, Genoa is pretty compact and you can walk and walk for awhile and see all of the little shops.
Marseille (Provence), France
Marseille is a very despressed area. Not worth the time. I visited about 12 years ago and something has happened and not an attractive city once you leave the little tourist area.