Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An amazing experience

Sail Date: August 13, 2006

The ship reminded me of a floating vegas. I thought that the ship was well maintained and very beautiful. The designers did not skip out on details in the bars, restaraunts, and casino. I enjoyed looking at the artwork that decorated the walls around the stairs. Overall, the ship was pleasing to the eye and I noticed new details every time I turned around.

Pros: catching a glimpse of many different places in a short period of time

Cons: The feeling of being rushed from one thng to the next because of time restraints during off shore excursions

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
As in Labadee, the locals need your money, so be prepared to be met by lots of pushy people. For the most part, the locals are nice, but just be sure to haggle over the price of things you buy.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
It was a good first stop, bu tif you decide to go shopping, be prepared to be met by pushy locals. One must keep in mind that this is a poverty stricken culture and the people count on tourists to make good moneyto survive. Be sure to haggle over the prices of things because the locals will charge you more than you should pay for items if you let them.
Don't Miss: swimming and relaxing on the beach with your family and friends.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman
the towm itself offered littl efor entertainment, but if you take an offshore excursion like we did then you will have fun. Sting Ray city was fun to visit, but there were so many peoiple there at once tha tit made it hard to see and appreciate all of these animals tha tgather together in one spot. Tthe snorkeling was amazing and the water very beautiful.
Don't Miss: snorkeling
George Town, Grand Cayman
Don't Miss: snorkeling
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Don't Miss: swimming and relaxing on the beach with your family and friends.
we liked the people in mexico the best of all. They wanted you to spend your money at their shops, but they weren't overbearing. Everyone we met was very kind. We did the Tulum tour and this was a lot of fun. The beach at Tulum was the most beautiful beach I have ever been to in my entire life. I will definitely revisit this area of Mexico when I can spend more time there.
Don't Miss: Swimming/snorkeling/Tulum