Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Great Vacation

Sail Date: August 13, 2006

We recently sailed on the Mariner of the Seas for the first time, and I loved it. The ship was beautiful . There were granite counters everywhere, marble and stone floors and nice fixtures. The Spa area and Gym were great! The food was very good and the service as well. I didn't try any of the restaurants that cost extra, but I spoke to people who did and they said the food was fantastic. I might go for it next time. The activities and entertainment were also great. They have a crazy Cruise Director, she and her staff keep things fun!

The Windjammer buffet was nice it's like a cool marketplace/food court with many choices, stations you can approach from all sides (so no endless line!). Very wide-open and airy feeling, a huge step up from the typical ship buffet. We loved all the nightlife options. Even my 14 year daughter had a great time staying out until 1 am enjoying decent and safe teen activities (tons of scheduled activites including a PROM!)

The storage elements inside the cabins were a godsend. There were three of us with a total of eight pieces of luggage and we managed quite well. We were able to unpack and felt like there was a place for everything (use the space under the best to store suit cases). Overall we have to say the ship was really impressive, most of the staff was wonderful . I would sail on Mariner again!

Pros: The Ship's Beauty

Cons: Leaving the ship so early

The food was great. I sisn't think the late dinning time would work well but it did!
All of the public restrooms were clean. They personally sanitzed your hands before every meal. I apppreciated that! I did not want to get sick.
I could't believe how well were able to fit. The bathroom was small but so well designed it worked! Very spacious for a cruiseship, much better than expected.
Most of the staff were very friendly. There were a few that didn't seem to want to be there. But I suppose it does get lonely leaving family to sail off to paradise. We got to know many of their stories.
There was always something to do for everyone no matter what age
My teenager had a gret time without getting into trouble and met many other nice a decent teenagers.
I enjoyed Playa Del Carmen. I didn't really spend much time in Cozumel itself
Don't Miss: The Tulum ruins was expensive but nice. Don't miss
George Town, Grand Cayman
Grand Caymen was nice. I had heard nice things about it. Nice people and pretty building
Don't Miss: Yes it's a must see at least once
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
I enjoyed Labadee. I was a little nervous when I realized we were going to Haiti, but the people were nice and I enjoyed the service and beauty of the area.
Don't Miss: I think so because it was mostly a day at the beach and that shouldn't be missed.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Everything Irie in Jamaica
Don't Miss: definitely a must see or don't miss, but make sure you climb the falls and see some of the island